Non-Destructive Testing is an introduction to the various types of non-destructive metallurgical tests, the underlying principles behind each test, the steps involved, and the advantages and disadvantages of each testing method. Presented in THORS’ highly visual and interactive format, this course will help the learner become familiar with the equipment and terminology associated with metallurgical testing used in their professions.
- Understand the need for non-destructive testing in metallurgy.
- Differentiate between the most common methods of non-destructive testing.
- Recall basic terminology and phrases associated with non-destructive testing.
- Recognize the advantages and disadvantages of the different types of non-destructive testing.
- Identify the non-destructive test suitable for the test material and condition.
Course Length: 0.75 HRS
Table of Contents
Electronics Based Testing
- Ultrasonic Testing
- Radiography Testing
- Eddy Current Testing
Visual and Hardness Testing
- Visual Testing
- Hardness Testing
- Micro-Hardness Testing
Magnetic and Liquid Based Testing
- Magnetic Particle Testing
- Liquid Penetrant Testing