Heat Treating Safety is an introduction to the terminology and motivations behind safety policies for heat treating facilities. Presented in THORS’ highly visual and interactive learning format, this course provides employees with a better awareness of the unique safety concerns encountered during modern heat treating processes.
- Recognize the basic heat treating personal protective equipment.
- Identify the correct methods for lifting and back safety.
- Understand the behavior that could lead to disciplinary action.
- Determine the safest ways to work with or near powered equipment.
- Recall the important reasons for following environmental compliance rules.
Course Length: 1 HRS
Table of Contents
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Accidents, Injuries, and Near Misses
- Infection Risks
- Lifting and Back Safety
- Workspace Safety
- Disciplinary Action
- The Heat Retention of Metal
- Powered Equipment
- Environmental Compliance
- Fire Safety
- Hazardous Chemicals
- Facility Evacuation