Fasteners: Threaded Fastener Specifications introduces learners to the various ways to identify a fastener by interpreting the markings on both the fastener and nut. In addition, different organizations have different specification requirements, which will be examined more closely in this course.
- Interpret the head markings and specifications assigned to threaded fasteners and nuts.
- Recognize the various specifications required by SAE, ASTM, and ISO.
- Identify the difference between UTS and Metric Fasteners.
- Recall the variety of styles and grades used to specify a nut.
Course Length: 1 HRS
Table of Contents
Fastener Specifications and Identification
- Fastener Specifications and Head Markings
- SAE Specifications
- ASTM Specifications
- ISO Specifications
- Socket Head Products
- Threaded Fastener Identification
- UTS Fastener Identification
- Metric Fastener Identification
Nut Specifications and Markings
- Grade 2
- Grade 5
- Grade 8
- Style C
- ISO Metric Nut Markings