The THORS Autonomous, Connected, Electric, and Shared (ACES) Vehicle Fundamentals course explores new technologies that will revolutionize the world of mobility. Empower yourself with the concepts related to ADAS and AI that are enabling self-driving vehicles. Explore the various technologies used in V2X communication, electrification, and ridesharing. This course provides a visually engaging learning experience that is measurable with pre-assessment and post-assessment quizzes.
- Recall the five different levels of autonomy.
- Explain the various autonomous feature functionalities.
- Understand connected vehicles that utilize V2X communication and technologies.
- Recognize the electric vehicle components.
- Differentiate between the types of electric vehicles used in the industry.
- Elaborate on the various ridesharing methods and carsharing methods.
This course includes
Pre / Post-Assessment
Course Length: 2 h
- Automatic Transmission Fundamentals
- Axles: Drive Axles – Heavy Duty Commercial Vehicles
- Bearings: Bearing Fundamentals
- Braking Systems
- Chain: Chain Fundamentals – Industrial
- Differential Basics
- Electric Vehicle Battery Basics
- Electrical and Electronics
- Gearboxes: Gearbox Basics
- Hydraulic Systems: Hydraulic System Fundamentals
- Oil Seals: Oil Seal Fundamentals – Rotary Applications
- Transfer Case Principles
- Wheel Basics
Table of Contents
- Autonomy Levels
- Autonomous Feature Functionalities
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Hybrid Electric Vehicles
- Battery Electric Vehicles
- Fuel Cell Electric Vehicles
- EV Components: Permanent Magnet Motor
- EV Components: Induction Motor
- EV Components: Electric Transmission
- EV Components: Electric Axle
- Charging Stations
- Power Management System
- V2X Communication
- V2V Communication
- V2P Communication
- V2I Communication
- V2N Communication
- V2X Technologies: DSRC
- V2X Technologies: C-V2X
- V2X Technologies: Embedded Modems
- V2X Technologies: Tethered Devices
- Ridesharing: Station-Based Vehicles
- Ridesharing: Multi-Station Vehicles
- Free-Floating Carsharing
- P2P Carsharing
- Carsharing: Micromobility
After completing this course you will receive a certificate of completion.