The Measurements: Measuring Tools course is an informative, entry-level overview on the various measurement tools commonly used during inspection with particular attention paid to hand-held devices. This course focuses on quantitative gauges, such as calipers and micrometers; qualitative gauges, such as go/no go thread rings or plugs; and standard or class-specific tools, such as levels, squares, and gauge blocks. Learners in the quality and manufacturing fields will find value in this course.
- Identify each measurement tool by name.
- Understand what type of measurement instrument each tool is.
- Comprehend the purpose of each measurement tool.
Course Length: 2 HRS
Table of Contents
Measurements: Measuring Tools Introduction
Standard or Class-Specific Tools
- Surface Plates
- Gauge Blocks
- Surface Finish Comparators
- Vernier Calipers
- Dial Calipers
- Digital Calipers
- Outside Dimension Micrometers
- Inside Dimension Micrometers
- Depth Micrometers
- Height Gauges with Test Indicators
- Inside Diameter Bore Gauges
- Profile or Radius Gauges
- Thickness Gauges
- Go/No Go Thread Rings or Plugs
- Snap Gauges
- Adjustable Telescoping Gauges
- Spring Calipers