Metal Cutting: Surface Process Fundamentals is designed to provide learners with terminology, images, and fundamental concepts as they pertain to metal machining processes that create a surface feature on a part. Presented in THORS’ highly visual and interactive learning format, this course will help employees in machining industries become familiar with the important equipment and terminology associated with their profession.
- Identify commonly specified surface features.
- Identify cutting tools used in conventional surface processes.
- Identify cutting media used in non-conventional surface processes.
- Identify forming tools used in metal displacement processes.
- Identify and understand the tool-part relationship characteristics of various types of surface processes used in the industry.
This course includes
Pre / Post-Assessment
Course Length: 2 h
Table of Contents
- Grinding Processes
- Linear Broaching
- Rotary Broaching
Non-Conventional Finishing Processes
Non-Conventional Cutting Processes
- Electrical Discharge Machining
- Electrochemical Machining
- Laser Beam Machining
- Water Jet Machining
- Ultrasonic Machining
Metal Displacement Processes
- Spline Rolling
- Thread Rolling
- Knurl Rolling
After completing this course you will receive a certificate of completion.