The THORS Electric Vehicle Battery Basics course explores the batteries that are used in electric vehicles to improve range and efficiency. Empower yourself with the understanding of the components that make up a battery and battery-related concepts for electric vehicles. Explore the various types of batteries used in electric vehicles, how each one functions, and where the future trend is heading. This course provides a visually engaging learning experience that is measurable with pre-assessment and post-assessment quizzes.
- Recall the different components used within a battery pack.
- Understand how the battery cell, battery module, and battery pack function.
- Recognize the electrical concepts related to the battery.
- Differentiate the air-cooled batteries from liquid-cooled batteries.
- Elaborate on each of the battery chemistry classifications.
- Remember the importance of battery safety, including thermal runaway and battery management.
- Interpret and understand the various battery concepts, such as state of health and power density, that influence battery performance.
This course includes
Pre / Post-Assessment
Course Length: 2 h
- Automatic Transmission Fundamentals
- Autonomous, Connected, Electric, and Shared (ACES) Vehicle Fundamentals
- Axles: Drive Axles – Heavy Duty Commercial Vehicles
- Bearings: Bearing Fundamentals
- Braking Systems
- Chain: Chain Fundamentals – Industrial
- Differential Basics
- Electrical and Electronics
- Gearboxes: Gearbox Basics
- Hydraulic Systems: Hydraulic System Fundamentals
- Oil Seals: Oil Seal Fundamentals – Rotary Applications
- Transfer Case Principles
- Wheel Basics
Table of Contents
- Battery Cell
- Battery Module
- Battery Pack
- Battery Capacity
- State of Health
- State of Charge
- Depth of Discharge
- Battery Charging
- Energy Density
- Power Density
- Electrical Isolation Methods
- Lithium-Ion Battery Safety Concerns
- Thermal Runaway Concerns
- Battery Management System
- Liquid-Cooled Batteries
- Air-Cooled Batteries
- Lead-Acid Batteries
- Nickel-Metal Hydride Batteries
- Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Solid-State Batteries
After completing this course you will receive a certificate of completion.