Bonded Sand Iron Casting Basics introduces the learner to the world of cast irons and bonded sand molding, including the properties, processes, and terminology associated with cast iron production. Presented in THORS’ highly visual and interactive learning format, this course will help foundry employees become familiar with the important equipment processing steps associated with their profession.
- Understand the basic properties of cast iron.
- Understand the role of charge materials and alloying elements in cast iron production.
- Examine the different types of melting furnaces used for cast iron.
- Differentiate between the important molten metal processing steps.
- Identify the various parts of a bonded sand mold.
- Recognize the post molding processes involved in iron casting.
- Identify common defects associated with bonded sand cast iron.
Course Length: 0.75 HRS
Table of Contents
Introduction to Bonded Sand Iron Casting
Cast Iron Melting
- Cast Iron Properties
- Charge Materials
- Melting Furnaces
- Molten Metal Processing
Bonded Sand Molding
- Types of Bonded Sand
- Sand System Equipment
- Parts of a Sand Mold
- Post Molding Processes
- Common Defects