8D Problem-Solving Basics introduces learners to the popular “8 Disciplines,” commonly referred to as 8D. The 8D problem-solving methodology is an important quality tool utilized in a variety of industries. Presented in THORS’ highly visual and interactive learning format, this course will help employees become familiar with the important terminology and methodology associated with 8D implementation.
- Recognize the eight disciplines involved in the 8D process.
- Understand the structured approach of 8D.
- Identify each of the 8D steps in problem solving.
- Understand real world applications of 8D with industry examples.
Course Length: 1 HRS
Table of Contents
Introduction to 8D Problem-Solving
The Eight Disciplines (8D)
- Discipline 0: Prepare
- Discipline 1: Define the Team
- Discipline 2: Describe the Problem
- Discipline 3: Develop an Interim Containment Action (ICA)
- Discipline 4: Determine the Root Cause
- Discipline 5: Determine the Permanent Corrective Action (PCA)
- Discipline 6: Implement and Validate PCA
- Discipline 7: Prevent Reoccurrence
- Discipline 8: Congratulate the Team
8D Case Study Examples
- Case Study #1: Automotive Industry
- Case Study #2: Sheet Metal Industry