The Chemically Bonded Sand Basics course is an introduction to the binder systems used in the chemically bonded sand systems. Presented in THORS’ highly visual and interactive learning format, this course equips foundry employees with a more robust and comprehensive understanding the physical, chemical, and mechanical properties of foundry grade chemically bonded sand.
- Understand the classification of the binder system used in chemically bonded sand.
- Understand the different curing processes of inorganic and organic binder systems.
- Recall the sand types, sand size, sand shapes along with the sand reclamation process.
- Understand the physical properties of the binder system.
- Understand the mixed sand properties.
This course includes
Pre / Post-Assessment
Course Length: 2.5 h
- Castings: Aluminum Casting Fundamentals
- Castings: Aluminum Melting Fundamentals
- Castings: Bonded Sand – Horizontally Parted Molds
- Castings: Bonded Sand – Mold Patterns
- Castings: Bonded Sand – Vertically Parted Molds
- Castings: Bonded Sand Fundamentals
- Castings: Bonded Sand Iron Casting Basics
- Castings: Charge Calculation for Cast Irons
- Castings: Cupola Furnace Fundamentals
- Castings: Cupola Furnace Operations
- Castings: Cupola Furnace Troubleshooting and Techniques
- Castings: Foundry Cleaning Room Equipment
- Castings: Gravity Die Casting Basics
- Castings: Green Sand Defect Analysis
- Castings: Green Sand Equipment and Process Control
- Castings: Green Sand Properties
- Castings: Green Sand System Testing
- Castings: High Pressure Die Casting Basics
- Castings: Investment Casting Basics
- Castings: Iron Melting Fundamentals
- Castings: Low Pressure Die Casting Basics
- Castings: Quality Inspection for Steel Castings
- Castings: Vacuum Process Fundamentals
- Gating and Risering Basics
Table of Contents
Binder System Classification
- Air-cured Organic Binder System
- Gas-Cured Organic Binder System
- Heat-Cured Organic Binder System
- Air-cured Inorganic Binder System
- Gas-cured Inorganic Binder System
Binder System Properties
- Physical Properties
- Mixed Sand Properties
- Sand Types
- Sand Size
- Sand Shapes
- Sand Reclamation
- Measured Properties
After completing this course you will receive a certificate of completion.