The Pneumatic Tires: Terminology course is designed to provide learners in the tire industry, including original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), salespeople, distributors, suppliers, and tire service personnel, and any other interested individuals with a basic overview of pneumatic tires. Through helpful animations and interactives, learners are introduced to the basic aspects of pneumatic tires and their major components.
- Understand the basic functions of a tire.
- Recognize the differences between tube-type/tubeless tires and bias/radial tires.
- Identify and define the components of pneumatic tires.
- Discuss the different roles each component plays within a tire.
Course Length: 2 HRS
Table of Contents
Pneumatic Tire Basics
- Tube Type Vs Tubeless
- Tube-Type Construction
- Tubeless Construction
- Bias Tires
- Radial Tires
Pneumatic Tire Components
- Bead Function and Material
- Common Bead Bundle Shapes
- Bead Reinforcement
- Beads in Bias vs. Radial Tires
- Chafer Function
- Chafer Material
- Inner Liner
- Inner Liner Function and Material
- Inner Liners for Tubeless Tires
- Carcass Plies
- Carcass Plies Function
- Carcass Plies Material
- Number of Carcass Ply Layers
- Carcass Plies in Bias vs. Radial Tires
- Breaker Plies/Belts
- Breaker Plies/Belts Function and Material
- Breaker Plies/Belts in Bias vs. Radial Tires
- Sidewall Function and Material
- Sidewall Structure
- Tread Function and Material
- Tread Construction
- Additional Tread Constructions
- Tread Patterns