The THORS Safety: Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Selection course introduces learners to commonly used Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in the manufacturing industry. After viewing animations illustrating possible hazards, the learner applies this knowledge in a gamified manner, in which they select a character, select appropriate PPE, and earn virtual badges for completing the material. This course is an interactive and helpful introduction for those new to a task or department, or as a refresher for anyone wishing to brush up on their awareness of PPE for general workplace safety.
- Recognize when Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is necessary by reviewing potential hazards in the workplace.
- Identify what kind of PPE is necessary.
- Review information about properly wearing and caring for PPE.
- Understand the limitations of PPE.
- Choose the appropriate PPE for a variety of circumstances.
Course Length: 1.5 HRS
Table of Contents
What is Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)?
Hand and Body Protection
- When Hand and Body Protection is Necessary
- Types of Hand and Body Protection
- Safety Gloves
- Safety Clothing
- Safety Aprons
- When Eye Protection is Necessary
- Types of Eye Protection
- Safety Glasses
- Laser Safety Goggles
- Safety Goggles
- When Ear Protection is Necessary
- Types of Ear Protection
- Ear Plugs
- Ear Muffs
- When Foot Protection is Necessary
- Types of Foot Protection
- Steel Toe Boots
- Metatarsal Guards