The Measurements: Measuring Processes course is an informative, intermediate level overview on how to use and read various measurement tools commonly used during inspection with particular attention paid to hand-held devices. This course focuses on how to read a vernier scale, dial scale, and digital scale as well as how to take readings with transfer-type gauges. Learners in the quality and manufacturing fields will find value in this course.
- Distinguish between the different measuring scales.
- Identify the steps involved when reading a measuring tool with multiple scales.
- Read measurements off of vernier, dial, and digital scales.
- Recognize the method of performing transfer-type readings.
- Understand the inherent human errors in taking a measurement.
Course Length: 3 HRS
Table of Contents
Measurements: Measuring Processes Introduction
Vernier and Dial Scales
- Vernier Scale
- Vernier Calipers
- Outside Dimension Micrometers
- Depth Micrometers
- Dial Scale
- Dial Calipers
- Imperial Dial Caliper Video
- Metric Dial Caliper Video
Digital Scale and Transfer-Type Readings
- Digital Scale
- Digital Calipers
- Digital Depth Micrometers
- Digital Height Gauges
- Transfer-Type Readings
- Adjustable Telescoping Gauge with OD Micrometer Video
- Adjustable Telescoping Gauge with OD Micrometer Step-By-Step Example