The Shop Math: Fractions course aims to provide learners with an introduction to the different types of fractions, how to reduce and convert fractions into a preferred form, and how to perform various operations using fractions. Step-by-step examples, animations, and explanations are provided for each topic to further clarify how to solve simple and more complex problems. This course is valuable for both new learners and those returning to refresh their knowledge on fractions.
- Differentiate between proper fractions, mixed number fractions, and improper fractions.
- Understand how to reduce fractions.
- Convert between the different types of fractions.
- Understand how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions.
Course Length: 3.5 HRS
Table of Contents
Types of Fractions
- Proper Fractions
- Proper Fractions Using Circles
- Proper Fractions Using Rectangles and Squares
- Mixed Number Fractions
- Applications of Mixed Numbers
- Mixed Number Fractions Using Circles
- Mixed Number Fractions Using Rectangles and Squares
- Improper Fractions
- Improper Fractions Using Circles
- Improper Fractions Using Rectangles and Squares
Reducing and Converting Fractions
- Reducing Fractions
- Reducing Fractions Using the GCF
- Reducing Fractions Using Any Common Factor
- Converting between Fractions
- Converting Mixed Numbers into Improper Fractions
- Converting Improper Fractions into Mixed Numbers
- Converting Improper Fractions When the Remainder Is Zero
Adding and Subtracting Fractions
- Adding Fractions with Common Denominators
- Subtracting Fractions with Common Denominators
- Adding Fractions without Common Denominators
- Subtracting Fractions without Common Denominators
Multiplying and Dividing Fractions
- Multiplying Proper and Improper Fractions
- Multiplying Fractions with Mixed Numbers
- Dividing Proper and Improper Fractions
- Dividing Fractions with Mixed Numbers