Corrective Leveling Basics provides learners with a basic understanding of the concepts and equipment, terminology, and troubleshooting methods that apply to corrective leveling processes for sheet metal. There are several processes that are considered “leveling”; the emphasis for this course will be the corrective leveling that is typically applied to sheet metal prior to the metal being cut-to-length and stacked.
- Recall the primary parts of cut-to-length and multi-blanking lines
- Recognize the basic operations that apply to corrective leveling.
- Identify the important pieces of corrective leveling equipment.
- Understand how materials and bending radiuses are crucial to the leveling process.
- Differentiate between the various defects that might be rectified with corrective levelers.
- Recall the troubleshooting methods that ensure corrective leveling is safe and productive.
This course includes
Pre / Post-Assessment
Course Length: 1 h
- Castings: Aluminum Casting Fundamentals
- Castings: Aluminum Melting Fundamentals
- Castings: Bonded Sand – Horizontally Parted Molds
- Castings: Bonded Sand – Mold Patterns
- Castings: Bonded Sand – Vertically Parted Molds
- Castings: Bonded Sand Fundamentals
- Castings: Bonded Sand Iron Casting Basics
- Castings: Charge Calculation for Cast Irons
- Castings: Cupola Furnace Fundamentals
- Castings: Cupola Furnace Operations
- Castings: Cupola Furnace Troubleshooting and Techniques
- Castings: Foundry Cleaning Room Equipment
- Castings: Gravity Die Casting Basics
- Castings: Green Sand Defect Analysis
- Castings: Green Sand Equipment and Process Control
- Castings: Green Sand Properties
- Castings: Green Sand System Testing
- Castings: High Pressure Die Casting Basics
- Castings: Investment Casting Basics
- Castings: Iron Melting Fundamentals
- Castings: Low Pressure Die Casting Basics
- Castings: Quality Inspection for Steel Castings
- Castings: Vacuum Process Fundamentals
- Gating and Risering Basics
Table of Contents
Equipment and Concepts
- Cut-To-Length Line Terminology
- Corrective Leveler Terminology
- Corrective Leveler Components
- Corrective Leveling Material
- Material Gauge
- Yield Point
Defects and Troubleshooting
- Work Roll Adjustments
- Rejection Defects
- Curvature Defects
- Complex Shape Defects
- Corrective Leveling Capabilities
After completing this course you will receive a certificate of completion.