Bonded Sand: Vertically Parted Molds is an interactive course designed for any learner who works in a bonded sand foundry and must be familiar with the parts of a vertically parted mold. In this course, learners engage with animations and interactives designed to provide a basic understanding of a vertically parted sand mold, particularly on the parts of a vertically parted mold and the function of each part.
- Understand what is a vertically parted mold.
- Identify the parts of a vertically parted mold.
- Recognize the function of each part of a vertically parted mold.
Course Length: 0.75 HRS
Table of Contents
What Is a Vertically Parted Mold?
Parts of a Vertically Parted Mold
- Mold Halves
- Gating System – Filling System
- Gating System – Feeding System
- Additional Features