Bonded Sand: Horizontally Parted Molds is an interactive course designed for any learner who works in a bonded sand foundry and must be familiar with the parts of a horizontally parted mold. In this course, learners engage with animations and interactives designed to provide a basic understanding of a bonded sand mold, its parts, and how each part functions in producing a casting.
- Understand what is a horizontally parted mold.
- Identify the parts of a horizontally parted mold.
- Recognize the function of each part of a horizontally parted mold.
Course Length: 1 HRS
Table of Contents
Bonded Sand: Horizontally Parted Mold Visual Menu Overview
What Is a Horizontally Parted Mold?
Parts of a Horizontally Parted Mold
- Mold Halves
- Gating System – Filling System
- Gating System – Feeding System
- Additional Features