Low Pressure Die Casting Basics provides an introduction to the terminology, equipment, and processing steps associated with low pressure die casting. Presented in THORS’ highly visual and interactive learning format, this course will improve process knowledge for employees in low pressure die casting foundries.
- Understand the basic components of an LPDC machine.
- Identify the important aspects of an LPDC die or mold.
- Recall the basic LPDC processing steps.
- Recognize the defects common to the LPDC process.
- Recall important troubleshooting steps to increase LPDC process efficiency.
Course Length: 1.5 HRS
Table of Contents
Introduction to Low Pressure Die Casting
- Visual Inspection
- Hot Tears
- Shrinkage Porosity
- Gas Porosity
- Sprue Regulation
- Seal Maintenance
- Preventing Losses
- Low Pressure Die Casting Operator Focus
Low Pressure Die Casting Foundries
- LPDC Foundry Terminology
- LPDC Machine Terminology
- LPDC Die Terminology
- Advantages and Disadvantages
- Types of Low Pressure Die Casting Processes
- Conventional LPDC
- Counterpressure Casting
- Vacuum Riser-Less Casting
- Common LPDC Alloys
Low Pressure Die Casting Processing Steps
- Mold Production
- Core Production
- Aluminum Melting
- Permanent Mold Coating
- Mold Closing
- Injection, Cooling, and Ejection