Industrial Automation Basics will help you familiarize engineers, designers, and other members of your organization with concepts associated with automation. Discover how sensors, actuators, controllers, and human machine interfaces are used with industrial automation. After completing this course learners will be able to identify various components and products that can commonly be seen within an automation system.
- Identify the differences between sensors and actuators.
- Differentiate discrete sensors from analog sensors.
- Summarize the various controller types and what processes best suits them.
- Understand what human machine interfaces are and how they have evolved.
This course includes
Pre / Post-Assessment
Course Length: 1.5 h
Table of Contents
Sensors and Actuators
- Discrete Sensors
- Analog Sensors
- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Distributed Control System
- Variable Frequency Drive
- Servo Motion Controllers
- Computer Numeric Controllers
- Robot Controllers
- Stepper Motion Controllers
Human Machine Interfaces
- Traditional Operator Interfaces
- Traditional Operator Interfaces with Automation
- Graphical Operator Interfaces
- Advanced Capabilities